Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Do you want a great story or not?"

9 days till we "set sail" (ok..we are just flying)!


On Thursday at a Bible study I am doing at my house with friends...the question was raised in the session "Do you want a great story or not?"  (Side Note: Beth Moore's James study...HIGHLY recommend.) 


Now, this thought could go deep into life and choosing the outcome in your life that will allow you to have a great story and not the perfect story and so on.


However, since my brain is tuned in to Italy right now and I dont feel like unpacking again everything that happened at Bible study, I will stick to Italy. I think this was a special word for me in regards to our trip to Italy. For those of you that know me, some would say I lean towards the side of anxious more than easy going. :) So, when I heard these words Thursday it made me want to stop and prepare my anxious self that it is not going to win! No matter if our hotel loses our reservation or if we don't know how to get a bus ticket or we cant seem to remember the address to where we are supposed to be, or I forgot to pack socks..."Do I want a great story or not?" I am prepared that Italy is not going to be perfect. It's going to be fun and its not always going to go according to the "Amanda plan"...and I am OK with that. This is a big step everyone! :)


Last night at a friend's birthday party we were laughing so hard about some of the most awkward situations that some have been through (the topic that brought the most laughs cannot be discussed publicly...ask me personally and I will tell you). In the moment, when those situations were happening, we wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. Now when you tell those stories to a group of people, its a great story! It is a fond, hilarious memory that you are so glad to tell.


Back to Italy, so we heard its going to be raining in Rome the 6 days we are there...wah wah! To make this a great story, we are bringing rain ponchos and going to make the best of it...no matter what! As long as pizza and hot chocolate is still being made...we are good! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment