Saturday, March 17, 2012

Planning Part #1 - The Pilgrimage

Pastor Dan has really encouraged me to blog about our trip to Italy. I think so that he can live vicariously through the pictures and stories, but also that I can keep these memories alive many months and years after we get back from Italy.

Christopher has said that he is going MIA when it comes to email in Italy. I am going to follow that plan as well I think. :) Blogging doesn't count for email right?

The picture of our travel books below is definitely the first important part of this pilgrimage.

Why am I using the term pilgrim and not tourist you may ask? I don't know just yet...I think a pilgrim is on a journey and looking for something more than maybe a tourist. I think we are definitely both thinking as this trip as a pilgrimage. Also that term came up over breakfast this morning with a couple from our church...so I think I am going with it.







So back to the books. I highly recommend getting different perspectives from all types of books. I am a planner so I definitely like to do as much research as I can before we go. Rick Steve's travel guides and Fodors and Lonely Planet books have definitely stood out to me so far.

I think in my next "planning post" I am going to show how I have been using Evernote to break down the planning of our trip even more. Also I will explain the cities and key places we will be going.

I am so excited about this trip!

Ciao!


-Post by AP

1 comment :

  1. I love books!! Look at all those books!! Wow! You have really really really done your homework!

    ReplyDelete