Friday, March 22, 2013

Jack - month 1

Where do I begin...

I feel a part of a secret society or a very elite club that until you are in the club you really can't understand what its all about. PARENTHOOD. MOMMYHOOD. Those words didn't always seem attractive to me...now I can't imagine not having those "claims to fame". 


I thought that I might do a weekly post on our little baby Jack. However, that was a little to ambitious. I think once a month is going to be a stretch. :) 


Jack is an incredible little guy. As his pediatrician says every time he sees him "Jack is great...he is just great"! He really is. He loves to eat, he loves to sleep, he loves to POOP, and his favorite thing is seeing how much stuff he can pee on in one day. 


Thats the life ya know? Eat, sleep, bowel movements! :)


God definitely knows what he is doing when he makes infants (understatement of the millenium...I know). But really! He knows how much new moms and dads can handle. And eat, sleep, and bowel movements is enough. Then as you become more comfortable...other things get added on...good and bad! I can already see that Jack is becoming more and more alert in his old age of 1 month. :) He is starting to zone in more on stuff. I think he recognizes me and Christopher now. I probably am wrong...but we like to think that at least!



Its crazy to think this little guy was in my belly! The left photo is 2/21/13 - delivery day. The right photo is Jack at 2 weeks old (3/7/13)

Jack loves to be swaddled! 

Lucy has been on a lot of people's minds. She is doing pretty good being a big sister. She has got to go to the dog park once. :)

Papa and Nonna came to visit from February 21-28th. Jack was a fan of all the attention and love that these new grandparents showed him. He is the first grandchild for them.


Grandma and Poppy came to visit from March 1-9. This is there 3rd grandchild...they love being grandparents. Jack is a fan for sure!

This is Jack's friend, Creed. He is 6 weeks older than Jack. There dad's have decided they are going to start a band one day. :)

This is Jack's friend, Paxton. He was his hospital neighbor...and born on the same day. I love this picture of them both in their sleep sacks. :)

This is the man that I am so proud of. Christopher has been a GREAT father. I love and adore when he melts for his little boy. Something that neither of us never would have thought would happen has happened. In real life, I am the disciplinarian and the hard core, "Things have to be done this way only" personality. Christopher is the layed back, relaxed, and not stressed personality. You would think that would make me the disciplinarian of our family and Christopher would be the parent that gives in. WRONG. I have more patience, love, and tolerance for this 8.5 lbs of life than anything else on this earth. I am completely smitten and Jack does no wrong in my mind. Christopher 


No comments :

Post a Comment