Friday, November 24, 2017

October 2017

October has been a crazy month for America. A lot of scary stuff out there...I saw this quote that was so beautiful from the late great, Mr. Rogers and I dont ever want to forget it.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster', I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers -- so many caring people in the world".
October is our anniversary month and one of my favorite months because of the perfect weather. It was a busy month but we had a lot of fun! We celebrated a lot and did a lot of "pumpkin fun".  Jack and Francine were in their first wedding and they were adorable. 

**Funny/Sweet Story's of the month (I remembered to write down)**
So Francine...not sure if she was admiring me or making fun...I came upstairs and she had her backpack on and pretend phone and she was saying, "Hi this is Amanda, and this is Amanda's voice".

#Jackamadeus - BIG BROTHER update!
  • Highlight - This kid has a routine every week on Sundays. We head into the coffee shop, he gets a coffee cup, a water bottle, and turns on a floor lamp (that for some reason is never on when we walk in).
  • Personality/Growing up - This kid! When he is needing some attention, he will go into the living room and turn on my favorite music or Christopher's...depending on whoever he needs time with at that moment. 
  • Learning - We like to go to the library on Wednesdays after Jack's school. Each week, I have been trying to teach him more and more about the library system and how it works. He loves the library and his favorite part is he likes to look up books on the computer and then go find them. That's my boy!
#Francineclaire - LITTLE SIS update! 
  • Highlight - She has been quite obsessed this month with unicorns. I had their Halloween costumes picked out (Woody and Jane from Toy Story). It was going to be perfect, then... she found out about unicorns...and it was all she could do. Anyway, it ended up being absolutely perfect! She was the most adorable unicorn ever.
  • Personality/Growing up - Francine woke up and told me that her elephant wants to be a unicorn, and her baby bear wants to be a caterpillar, and she wants to be a cow.
  • Skills - This child has reasoning down. She is 2! If Jack has two toys in his hand and he is headed out to the car, she tells me "Jack has two toys so I need two toys". This is literally the storyline all day every day. If Jack does anything, it has to be fair and Francine will make sure and let me know!

Until next time....here are some photos from life lately! 


Her Hair! :)


Her teacher sent me this from school!
Fall at Cheekwood!















Holiday decor up!




No comments :

Post a Comment