Saturday, July 15, 2017

May 2017

May! We had a good time this month! You work hard and you play hard right? That is definitely the theme of my life right now. I took a girl's trip to Chicago with my roomie from before marriage. Had a blast! This month ended the kids school at Christ Church. Manuela and Maren came in town for a week of researching all things sweets and Nashville for Passion for Baking. Usually when you have little kids you got to toddler birthday parties. This month, we went to two 90th Birthday parties. Also Mother's Day was in the middle of the month and we celebrated by going to a fun new brunch spot and the children's theater to see Goodnight Moon. I love these little nuggets to pieces that call me Mama. 


**Funny/Sweet Story's of the month (I remembered to write down)**
I dont know why I think this story is so funny, but here it goes. We were doing a reading lesson with Jack and the word was WENT. And he said it in a sentence, "Ya know...like we went to the cemetery". For those that dont know, we walk to our church's Memorial Gardens (aka cemetery) often since its in our backyard, but still...it was so funny to me. Not...we went to get ice cream or we went to the toy store...we went to the cemetery!

Francine is getting to be a funny kid these days too. We were hanging out outside and she was sitting next to our friend Hunter and she looked up at him and said "Do you like my crocs?" in the biggest NY accent I have ever heard in a while. It was amazing and I was beyond joy! Lately when they get something right, Christopher and I both same "Boom!" Francine has been beating us to the word...she will do something good and come show us and say "Boom!"

#Jackamadeus - BIG BROTHER update!
  • Highlight - Jack is becoming quite the self-starter and completer. I have noticed that if he gets something out to play with like a puzzle he always wants to finish it. 
  • Food - I have continued to encourage them to try new things but man, American kids are American kids...nothing makes this kid happier then chicken nuggets, french fries, and ketchup!
  • Play- the playroom has not gotten old in this new house (well 15 months new!) He still enjoys spending a lot of time in there with all the toys
  • Personality - He has always been a very aware child. I am so thankful for his kindness and his intentionality and just he is very intune with people and what is going on around him. Those are usually not things that you describe a 4 year old with but they are instinctual for sure. He also loves to just have fun and not be worked up about things. 
  • Learning - We are halfway through our reading lessons book and he is starting to read things wherever we go. Its so awesome to see his face light up when he sees something he can read. 

#Francineclaire - LITTLE SIS update! 
  • Highlight - Francine and I were watching the CBS Sunday morning show and they were showing a picture of the country of Japan...she looked at me and said, "Is that poopie?"
  • Food - Alert Alert!! Francine likes broccoli! Its amazing. I have tried everything to get this girl to eat greens...finally one green! ;)
  • Personality - Lets just say this child is blooming. She is so spunky and funny....in a highly confident way. It makes me so happy to see her come out of her shell. 
  • Skills - we now talk about "best friends" in our house....oh Lord! Francine will say to Jack are you my best friend? And then he is required to move her chair closer to him because thats what best friends do! Another thing she is killing me with is she will ask me a question and then she will say "Yes or No Mom...Yes or no!"
Until next time....here are some photos from life lately! 




























Dont ever want to forget these piggies









No comments :

Post a Comment