Monday, November 2, 2015

September 2015 - Francine - 7 months old

Well here we are! Me, being optimistic in hoping that I can do a monthly post of our family. I think I might transition to a monthly post about the Phillips' family now rather than a month by month update of our kids. So consider this, the "September Issue" of the Phillips Family!


**Story of the month**
We think Jack may have a photographic memory. If he sees the logo for the church, he will say "mommy, mommy this is the church". Or the other day we drove downtown Nashville and drove past the convention center...he said "mommy mommy lego fest". 4 months ago or so we went to the convention center for the lego fest...how did he remember that building from that one event? We took Francine to get a flue shot a few weeks ago, and St Thomas hospital is close to the parking lot where we park...there logo is a cross and Jack saw it and said "mommy mommy...a different church!" haha Oh man Jack - we love to see you learn and grow! Or maybe this is marketing working towards its favor.




#Jackamadeus - BIG BROTHER update
We potty trained Jack this month. It was not near as a huge of an issue as I thought it was going to be. We did the 3-day program where you never leave your house. He has hardly had any accidents and we are so thankful for that. He was so ready to do it and we were ready to stop paying for 2 kids in diapers! 


Jack's favorites!
  1. Favorite color - brown
  2. Favorite number - 2
  3. Favorite food - macaroni and cheese
  4. Favorite toys - Trains
  5. Favorite song - Itsy Bitsy Spider 





#Francineclaire - LITTLE SIS update!

Highlights from 7 months - A lot of good things happened this month! Francine started sleeping through the night. She started sitting up on her own and she started babbling and saying mama. Man - I remember this age with Jack...I just became obsessed with the little guy. They get to be way more laid back and not as needy. But they just get cuter and cuter and they respond so much more to people. I love this stage! 

    • Sleep - as sated previously....we have a sleeper!! Woohoo. Getting back from Norway, we knew we were going to suffer through jet lag so I decided to just make it miserable for a few nights and she figured out jetlag and sleeping through the night all at the same time. It was great!
    • Clothes - She is in 6 months clothes and 6-9 now mostly. 
    • Diapers - Size 2 diapers still!
    • Food - Breast milk. Although I thought right when I got back from Norway I would start right off with baby food. I guess I just knew what I was getting myself into and I delayed it another month. Until next month...
    • Skills - she is doing great with reaching and grabbing things. Sitting is her new favorite thing. She loves sitting in her highchair and watching us from her "throne". 
    • New things: She definitely is enjoying peek a boo and singing. At night before bed, we all sing in Jack's room. She kicks her legs and smiles the whole time. 
    • Bad Things: I think we are still in "mama's girl" mode. I would love for her to be more independent. But I know this is only a stage and it will pass and I will want her to want me so I guess its not that big of a bad thing!
    • Crying: Definitely getting better in this area. 
    • Schedule -we are feeding 5x's a day now. Sleeping through the night and rocking 2 - 2 hour naps and one catnap around dinner time. Same as 6 month schedule except sleeping through the night now!
      • 7:00 wake up and eat and play for 2 hours
      • 9:00 nap
      • 11:00 wake up and eat and play for 2 hours
      • 1:00 nap
      • 3:00 wake up and eat and play for 2.5 hours
      • 5:30 catnap 
      • 6:15 wake up and eat and play for 2.5 hours
      • 7:45 down for the night
      • 9:30 dream feed



    It was so great to have my parents here to take care of Jack while we were in Norway. When we got back they had to have a lot of time with Francine the day before they left. Our kids love grandma and poppy!



    Until next time!

    No comments :

    Post a Comment